Hello friends of Planet Earth. Put September 12th on your calendar! Confluences & Influences with Denver Trout Unlimited, Adams County Parks & Rec., The Greenway Foundation, Prodigy Coffeehouse, Rep Your Water, Thrivent Financial, Blue Quill Angler, Trouts, Fishpond, NAPA, and many local businesses are organizing a cleanup of Clear Creek as well as a small inconspicuous spring-fed dump of a pond on a busy highway whose glory only a few have experienced.
BREAKFAST and LUNCH WILL BE PROVIDED! Along E 70th Avenue and Clear Creek, this greenway has been neglected for decades by motorists as well as those who cast a line into its waters. We are looking to “adopt” this little pond, the stretch of greenway and road between Washington and York, and section of Clear Creek and clean it up. If we have success, this will obviously become an annual event! Sign up here.
This pond and creek are full of bluegill, carp, crappie, and very picky largemouth bass. So many times I’ve fished this glorious body of water only to be saddened and disappointed by the amount of debris along its banks and along the road. We think it’s high time we took matters into our own hands and did a little tangible planet healing. Reverse the damage if you will.
This will be a family event so feel free to bring the kiddos, but understand the banks are steep in a few places and the trash can be strange.
- Bring: Ensure that you wear some form of gloves for protection. Additionally, good old trash grabbers, BBQ/salad tongs, or other pickup device can help create further separation between you and the litter. Also, don’t forget high visibility clothing, close-toed shoes, & hand sanitizer!
- Water (in a reusable water bottle, no plastic bottles).
- Breakfast and lunch are being donated. If you bring your own snacks, make sure the packaging is recyclable or reusable.
- A fly rod or two. We’ll be fishing after cleanup for those who fish.
- Long pants.
- Wheelbarrow or wagon if you have one.
- Masks to be worn as needed. Socially distancing will be easy for this stretch of river.
- Best practice: don’t touch the litter directly, and don’t touch your face.
- Choose your litter wisely: only pick up the litter that is safe to handle and if you choose to separate recycling, focus only on bottles and cans.
Prodigy Coffeehouse will be providing coffee but BRING YOUR OWN CUP. We are trying to reduce waste, not create it.
RSVP here at Google Forms.
9AM-12PM Grab breakfast, go over safety, Clean up
1PM Awards & Prizes (No family members, sponsors, or organizers are eligible, and you must be present to win.)
Directions: Head north on Washington Street from RiNo. Turn right on E 70th Ave. Park at NAPA Autoparts at 2101 E, CO-224, Denver, CO 80229. Don’t get run over.
Hope to see you there!